Ladies and Gentlemen,
The persecution of Christians all across the globe has now reached a scale which is difficult to imagine. In reaction to the challenges thus faced by the international community, I have decided to invite specialists in international law and foreign policy, representatives of international organisations.
On 17th November 2017,in the conference hall of the Europejski Hotel, 5 Lubicz Street in Kraków, for the third time, together with the Polish Section of Aid to the Church in Need, we will host a conference gathering international law experts, politicians and members of clergy, who feel the need to adress the issue of helping our persecuted brothers and sisters.
The objective of the “European Congress for Defending Christians” is to pinpoint the directions of legal and political action which should be taken to curb this cruel phenomenon.
The Congress will be officially opened by His Eminence Fr. prof. Marek Jędraszewski, Metropolitan Archbishop of Kraków.
- H.E. fr. prof. Marek Jędraszewski - Archbishop of Kraków
- prof. Ryszard Legutko - Member of the European Parliament
- fr. prof. Waldemar Cisło - Director of the Polish Section of Aid to the Church in Need
- prof. Krzysztof Szczerski - Secretary of State, Chief of the Cabinet of the President of Poland
- dr Orsolya Zsuzsanna Kovács - Hungarian Ambassador to Poland
- Petēr Heltaj - Ambassador-at-large of the Hungary Helps Initiative
- fr. prof. Piotr Mazurkiewicz - former Secretary General of COMECE
- Jan Figel - Special Envoy for the promotion of the freedom of religion or belief outside the EU
- Ellen Kryger Fantini - Observatory on Intolerance and Discrimination Against Christians in Europe
- Marcela Szymanski - Aid to the Church in Need
- dr Roger Kiska - Christian Legal Centre
- dr Amal Marogy - Aradin Charitable Trust
- Ewelina Ochab - author of the book “Never Again: Legal Responses to a Broken Promise in the Middle East.”
- 10:00 - Opening
- 10:45 - 11:45 Panel 1 "Right to Return - political challenge"
- 11:45 - 12:00 Coffee break
- 12:00 - 13:00 Panel 2 "Right to Return - role for the states and NGOs"